The Soil and Water Testing Laboratory of Sasya Shyamala Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Kolkata is providing the soil, plant/leaf, irrigation water, fertilizer/manure/compost analysis facility to the farming community and university/research institute/company/firm/NGOs. The laboratory are equipped with highly sophisticated analytical instruments (Semi Automatic Nitrogen Analyzer, Double beam UV-VIs Spectrophotometer, Flame Photometer, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer coupled with Hydride Generator, ASTM, Chlorophyll Meter, Tensiometer, Pipette Apparatus, BOD shaker incubator, Laminar Flow) for evaluation of physical, chemical and biological parameters of the samples to farmers and other private organizations on payment basis. Based on the soil testing results, fertilizer recommendation is provided to the farmers to meet the crop specific nutrient management system for better soil health and enhancing economic return to farmers.
To know the parameters and charges for soil/plant/water/fertilizer/compost sample testing facility please find below links.
- click here for Farmers
- click here for Corporate Farm Industry
- click here for University ICAR Institute Govt. Institute KVKs NGOs
Farmers/entrepreneurs submitting the samples must make payment (cash/NEFT) in advance during submission of samples.
For further details contact: Head, Sasya Shyamala KVK, Arapanch, Sonarpur, Kolkata-700150
- Soil samples should be submitted in dried and grinded condition (>250 g) with proper tagging of detail information.
- For compost samples, samples (>500 g) should be submitted in air tight zip packet with proper tagging of detail information.
- For water analysis, samples (1 liter) should be submitted in properly capped bottle with detail information.
- More than 3 nos. of samples will not be considered for the charges of farmer category at a time.
- Farmers/entrepreneurs submitting the samples must make payment (cash/NEFT) in advance during submission of samples. If paid through NEFT/A/c transfer by GPay/Bhim/Paytm/PhonePay, the payee should send the transaction details in office email id or concerned Whatsapp no.
- As the collection of the soil sample is primarily important to evaluate the true fertility status of the soil sample, the collection procedure of soil sample should follow the proper guidelines. Please click here to know the method of soil collection process.
- For University/ NGOs/ ICAR institute/ Govt. Institutes/ KVKs/ Corporate/ Farms/ Industries : For analysis of micronutrients and heavy metals, it may take long time for analysis of less than 10 numbers of samples.
|Soil, plant, compost & fertilizer sample analysis||Water Sample Analysis||Microbiological Analysis|
|Texture||pH||Bacterial & fungal population|
|Moisture content||Salt content||Actinomycetes population|
|Water Holding Capacity||Ammonia content||Gram staining|
|pH||Chloride content||Microscopic study of organisms|
|Salinity||Carbonate & bicarbonate content||Soil microbial biomass C, N & P|
|Lime requirement||Calcium & magnesium||Microbial population|
|Gypsum requirement||Sodium content||Basal & Substrate induced soil respiration|
|Total organic carbon||Nitrate content||Fluorescein diacetate hydrolyzing activity|
|Oxidizable organic carbon||Sulphate content||Dehydrogenase activity|
|Cation exchange capacity||Sodium Adsorption Ratio||Aryal sulphatase activity|
|Available & total N||Residual salt content||Acid-alkaline phosphatase activity|
|Ammoniacal & nitrate N||Boron, Zinc, Copper, Iron, Manganese||?-Glucosidase activity|
|Humic and fulvic acid||Arsenic, Lead, Cadmium, Mercury||Urease activity|
|Available & total P, K, S||Catalase activity|
|Calcium, magnesium, lithium||Cellulase activity|
|Boron, Zinc, Copper, Iron, Manganese||Nitrogen fixing capacity|
|Arsenic, Lead, Cadmium, Mercury||Phosphate solubilizing capacity|
823total visits,1visits today