Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) is a frontline extension institute established by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India for a district, for transfer of technology in the field of agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, aquaculture etc. ‘Sasya Shyamala’ Krishi Vigyan Kendra (SSKVK) was established in the year 2013 for the district of South 24 Parganas under the aegis of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) as the 2nd KVK in this district (South 24 Parganas).
Sasya Shyamala Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Sasya Shyamala Krishi Vigyan Kendra is located at Arapanch, PO Sonarpur, Dist. South 24 Parganas, Kolkata 700150, four kms away from Sonarpur Railway Station by the side of the Sonarpur – Ghatakpukur Road. Established with enthusiastic and dedicated Subject Matter Specialists in different disciplines SSKVK is now actively engaged in dissemination of technologies to the farmers, farm women and rural youths and development of farm sector in South 24 Parganas district. This is the first of its kind in the Zone-II in order to facilitate providing better technology service to the farming community of the district. It has been vested upon important responsibilities of developing socio-economic condition of farming community of South 24 Parganas district through its mandated activities on organization of on-farm trials based on farmers’ problems, vocational training in agriculture and allied enterprises, frontline demonstration on major cereals, oilseeds, pulses and other enterprises related to agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, quality seed and planting material production for the farmers.
Jurisdiction of Sasya Shyamala Krishi Vigyan Kendra:
Out of 29 blocks of South 24 Parganas following 14 blocks are under the jurisdiction of ‘Sasya Shyamala’ KVK for its intensive activities:
|Sl No.||Name of the Sub-division||Blocks under Sub-division|
|1.||Alipore (Sadar)||Bishnupur-I, Bishnupur-II, Budge Budge-I,Budge Budge-II and Thakurpukur-Maheshtala|
|2.||Baruipur||Baruipur, Sonarpur, Bhangore-I and Bhangore-II|
|4.||Canning||Canning-I, Canning-II, Basanti and Gosaba|
Thrust areas identified
- Introduction and dissemination of HYVs and improved management practices for major crops, improved breeds of livestock and Integrated Farming System.
- Technology dissemination for Improvement of Soil health and reclamation of saline soil.
- Introduction and extension of technologies and contingency plan to mitigate the losses for natural calamities and in flood prone areas.
- Promotion and extension of high value crops and enterprises for better income generation of farmers.
- Production of quality seed and planting materials of different crops and supply to the farmers.
- Scientific composite fish culture, air breathing fish farming and ornamental fish culture for better income and alternative livelihood option of fishermen communities.
- Promotion of income generation through non-conventional fishery with culture of Crabs, Bhetki, Parse, Khaira etc.
- Biodiversity conservation and culture extension of indigenous endangered fish species viz. Punti, Maurala etc.
- Promoting scientific backyard poultry farming by women SHGs and introduction new poultry breed with special reference to layer birds.
3095total visits,1visits today